Saturday, July 11, 2009

Interesting Movies...

These are some movies that I want to see that I think would be good to watch. They are both really different. The first is a Korean movie called Treeless Mountain. I first heard about this movie while I was checking out NYMag.com and the critics were raving about how good a movie this is. The movie is about two sisters whose mother leaves them to find their estranged father. The film has been nominated for awards at the Berlin Interantional Film festival, Dubai International Film festival, Independent Spirit Awards, and the Pusan International Film festival. It won awards in all but tehe Independent Spirit Awards. Here's the trailer:



Another film I think people should check out is Waltz With Bashir. I had heard about this movie all over the internet and was considering watching it and then one of my film teachers reccommended it to me and I will definitely check this out. This is IMDB plot synopsis: "An Israeli film director interviews fellow veterans of the 1982 invasion of Lebanon to reconstruct his own memories of his term of service in that conflict." I think its so different because this is an animated biographical film. It has been extremely successful and has been nominated for 22 awards including an Oscar! Here's the trailer:



I hope you check these out and enjoy them! I will post my opinions on these two movies once I see them.

Later...

2 comments:

  1. that korean movie looks not dramatic enough! and I know korean ppl love drama! haha

    ReplyDelete